JOB VACANCY AT EYEMOUTH HARBOUR, SCOTTISH BORDERS, TD14 5SD
PART-TIME, 2-3 DAYS PER WEEK, PERMANENT POST
Eyemouth Harbour is a multi-functional port serving commercial and leisure vessels. Eyemouth Harbour Trust is seeking an experienced Bookkeeper to join our dynamic team. Although the role is currently part-time, hours may be increased following retirement of existing postholder.
As the Trust’s bookkeeper, you would be responsible for;
– Maintaining accurate and up-to-date financial records
– Processing and recording financial transactions – we currently use Sage 50 online software and MS Excel
– Reconciling bank statements and ensuring the accuracy of all financial data
– Generating financial reports and statements for review by management
– Assisting CEO in the preparation of budgets and forecasts.
We’re keen to hear from candidates who have proven experience as a Bookkeeper or similar role and are proficient in accounting software (e.g. Sage 50) and MS Office 365, especially Excel spreadsheets. You should have a strong understanding of accounting principles and practices and be able to demonstrate excellent attention to detail and organisational skills.
– Certification in Accounting, Finance, or a related field or equivalent work experience is preferred
– Relevant professional certifications (e.g., AAT, ACCA) will be advantageous.
As a part of our team, you would benefit from the following:
– Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
– Flexible work arrangements.
– Opportunities for professional development and growth.
– Health and wellness benefits package.
– Collaborative and supportive work environment.
How to Apply:
For full details and an application pack, interested candidates should contact Elaine Graham, Office Manager, on 018907 52494 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Book-keeper Vacancy” in the subject line.
Eyemouth Harbour Trust is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
The closing date for applications is Monday 20th November at 12pm.
Please note shortlisted candidates will be interviewed on Tuesday 5th December 2023.